MBA Vital Topics | The Success Story of EDP Renováveis
As part of the MBA programme, ISEG held another Vital Topics on
th 2015 on the subject of "
The Internationalisation of Renewable Energies. The case of EDP".
Speaker: João Manso Neto
Graduate in Economics from ISEG – Lisboa School of Economics and Management in 1981, where he was on the Roll of Honour.
Most of his professional life has been spent in banking up until 2003, when he went to work for EDP, where he has been a member of the Board since 2006.
He is the Chairman of EDP Renováveis, having been appointed in 2012 and, since 2014, he has been a co-opted Member of the Governing Board of ISEG.
The Succes Story of EDP R
– Global leader in renewable energy.
– Is present in the most diverse markets, and is constantly expanding into new regions.
– EDPR's core business is to develop, construct and operate high quality wind and solar energy farms all over the world.
– Renewable energy contributes with its high profitability to the Portuguese economy, generates added-value and creates jobs, contributing at the same time to reducing the effects of climate change.
– The advantages for the energy sector are also fantastic, as renewable energies help reduce the exorbitantly high costs of importing fuel, whilst at the same time producing cheaper and safer energy.