The enrolment period is now open for the Training Course on THE RESILIENCE AND SUSTAINABILITY OF TOURIST DESTINATIONS, which is being organised by SOCIUS/CSG, The ISEG Research Centre for Economic and Organizational Sociology.
The Course will run take place at ISEG, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays the 27-28 of February and 6-7 of March 2018, from 14.00 to 17.00.
- Introduction to the concepts of resilience and sustainability in tourist destinations;
- Vulnerability and disturbance evaluation, with an analysis of case studies
- Methodologies for developing resilience and sustainable tourism plans;
- Practical application of knowledge for the development of a resilience and sustainability plan.
Bridging a gap in planning skills for resilience and sustainability. By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Critically discuss key concepts related with resilience and sustainable tourism;
- Identify vulnerabilities and resilience disruption factors in tourist destinations;
- Develop strategic resilience and sustainable tourism plans, based on robust analysis methodologies (e.g., Resilience Alliance methodology).
The syllabus of this course is based on research and practical cases that have been carried out in this area, aiming to equip the participants with solid skills, a critical and innovative spirit, and knowledge and experience of the development of strategic plans for resilience and sustainable tourism.
With regards to the learning methodologies, special emphasis will be given to showing thematic videos, the development of group exercises for the application of key concepts, and also the analysis of case studies that promote an informal, albeit critical discussion among participants. Some of the teaching material used in lectures may be taught in English (e.g., videos, papers, etc.).
Ana Rita Sampaio has a PhD in Sustainable Tourism from the International Centre for Responsible Tourism, at Leeds Metropolitan University in the UK (now known as Leeds Beckett University). She has a Bachelors in Environmental Engineering from the Science and Technology Faculty of Universidade Nova de Lisboa. She studied for a post-doc at the Centre for Geographical Studies of IGOT – Universidade de Lisboa, as part of the European project of SECOA – Solutions for Environmental Contrasts in Coastal Areas: global change, human mobility and sustainable urban development.
This course is especially aimed at professionals in the field of tourism, local municipality technicians and other local specialists and tour operators, as well as graduates or holders of a relevant professional curriculum, and all others interested in resilience, sustainable tourism, and environmental and social responsibility.
All participants who complete the training will be issued a certificate by SOCIUS/ISEG-Ulisboa.
PRICE: €300 | -20% for students, CSG researchers and the unemployed.
Enrolment is carried out online, up until the 13 of February, at: ENROLMENT
For further information, visit: TRAINING
Contacts: email@example.com | 213925914/0