Universidade de Lisboa (ULisboa), in partnership with the Portuguese Institute of Oncology of Lisbon (IPO) and the Livros Horizonte publishing house is going to hold the 7th Edition of the “18 Schools, 18 Solidarity Actions” (“18 Escolas, 18 Ajudas”) campaign.
The goal is to help the IPO de Lisboa by selling the 2020 solidarity agenda, or by donating books (new and unused) from the National Reading Plan (Plano Nacional de Leitura – PNL):
- With the purchase of the agenda you are helping build the new outpatient building of the Francisco Gentil Portuguese Institute of Oncology in Lisbon, with all proceeds going towards improving care of the approximately 60,000 patients under treatment.
- The PNL books will be donated to support the pedagogical activities of the school of the paediatric unit of the Portuguese Institute of Oncology (IPO), where dozens of hospitalised children are taught and continue their academic studies, thus minimising the impact of being physical absent from their schools.
Deadline – 16th of December:
You can purchase your agenda by transferring €12.50 to:
Livros Horizonte, Lda.
And by presenting your ATM (Multibanco) proof-of-payment at the following ULisboa bookshops:
- Rector’s Office (working days, from 11.00 to 13.00 and from 14.00 to 16.00)
- Caleidoscópio (working days, from 09.00 to 16.00)
- Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciência (Tuesday to Friday, from 10.00 to 17.00, Saturday and Sundays, from 11.00 to 18.00)
You can deliver the books to the above-mentioned locations.