With a vision for the future of Economics and Management, ISEG – Lisbon School of Economics & Management has just announced the composition of its International Advisory Council, a group of professionals from the most diverse nationalities and areas of expertise, which includes such charismatic figures as the CEO of Walmart China, Wern-Yuen Tan, the distinguished full professor and ex-Dean of the Business School of Oxford University, Colin Mayer, and the Executive Vice-chair of Rock in Rio, Roberta Medina.
“A large School such as ISEG has a duty to lead the change required by organisations to better deal with the challenges of a globalised and broadly connected economy, which is susceptible to unprecedented crises, as we know right now. The constitution of this International Council by those who like to think about new solutions is an important step in affirming our non-conformist and “open minded” approach. Having the support and advice of a group which is as experienced, dynamic and heterogeneous as this IAC makes us stronger and more competitive. The future will not pass us by, that’s for sure!” declares Clara Raposo, Dean of ISEG.
ISEG’s International Advisory Council also counts with such distinguished figures as Anne Giviskos, Chief Risk & Compliance Officer of Euronext, from the head office in Paris, Anne Hansen da Câmara, executive director of the Estoril Circuit, Eugenia Bieto, ex-Dean of the well-known Spanish business school, ESADE, Joanne Li, Full professor and Dean of Florida International University College of Business, and also William Kistler, the American architect who chairs the Urban Land Institute.
Gilberto Jordan, CEO of the André Jordan Group and alumnus of ISEG is the Chairman of this Council, about which he states: “I am grateful to ISEG, my School, for the trust placed in me by inviting me to chair the International Advisory Council. As a century-old institution which has faced several crises in the past, the School’s mission – which is to educate, assess and predict future results, based on both theoretical and practical development – has once again proved to be key. Both the future and the current generation of managers, economists, thinkers, and leaders will certainly benefit from an ISEG that is in contact with the world and at the forefront of thinking. The very distinguished group of personalities that we have brought together to join the Council so far will certainly help in this process.”
Members of the Council:
– Anne Hansen da Câmara (Executive Member of the Board of Directors of the Estoril Circuit)
– Anne Giviskos (Chief Risk and Compliance Officer at Euronext, in Paris)
– Colin Mayer, CBE FBA (Professor of Management Studies at the Said Business School of the University of Oxford)
– Eugenia Bieto (Professor and the first female director of ESADE Business School)
– Gilberto Jordan (Chairman of ISEG’s IAC, CEO of the Andre Jordan Group, and an ISEG-alumnus)
– Joanne Li, CFA (Dean and also Professor of Finance and the Ryder Eminent Scholar Chair of the Florida International University College of Business)
– Roberta Medina (Businesswoman and events producer. Chair of Dream Factory and Vice-chair of Better World, the company which runs Rock in Rio. Partner of the Portuguese event of The Biggest Christmas Tree in Europe)
– Wern-Yuen Tan (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Walmart China, who serves on the Board of Directors of the Walmart Foundation and is a member of Walmart’s Global Inclusion Council. In China, he is a Vice-chairman of both the China Chain Store & Franchise Association (CCFA) and the China General Chamber of Commerce (CGCC)
– William Kistler (the first chair of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) in Europe, who went on to head up the EMEA Board of the International Council of Shopping Centres (ICSC)).