Lisbon is one of the most attractive cities in Europe. It boasts a good quality of living, where the past and the future meet, under long hours of brilliant sunlight and a beautiful moon.
Top 10 reasons to study and live in Lisbon
- A cosmopolitan and multicultural city located less than three hours by plane from most European capitals. It is well served by public transport. The center is fifteen minutes away from the airport.
- A green city, with many gardens and parks, offering great opportunities for outdoor activities and sport.
- On the banks of the Tagus River and located close to fantastic beaches, Lisbon is the perfect city for water sports, such as sailing and surfing, which can be practiced all year round, due to the mild climate and the four to five months of high temperatures in summer.
- A historic city. It is the former capital of the Portuguese Empire from the 14th to the 19th centuries. It has numerous monuments and museums that preserve the memory and cultural richness of the time.
- A European center for contemporary art and design, hosting important artistic events throughout the year.
- A safe city.
- It offers a wide range of dining options, with different types of ethnic cuisine. Portuguese cuisine is typically Mediterranean, very natural and healthy, with an abundance of fresh fish, vegetables, fruit, rice and olive oil.
- An accessible city, with a lower cost of living than most European cities, including Madrid, Barcelona, London and Paris.
- The University of Lisbon is the largest university in Portugal and the tuition fees are very competitive when compared to other European universities of similar quality.
- The University of Lisbon attracts many foreign students from Portuguese-speaking countries and other European countries. Networking is an important advantage of studying at ISEG.
Cost of living
The cost of living in Portugal is lower than in most EU countries.
|Accommodation||€600 to €700|
|Meals||€200 to €250|
|Transport||€35 to €40|
|Leisure||€100 to €120|
|University (books, etc.)||50 €|
|Total||€985 to €1,160|
Everyday Items Examples
|1 Coke (33cl)||1,20€|
|50cl bottle of water (Cafeteria)||1,00€|
|Entrance to the Cinema||6,00€|
|Full meal in standard restaurant||15,00€|
|Meal in the school canteen (includes drink, soup, dish and dessert)||2,40€|
|Carris bus ticket||2,00€|
|Photocopy (A4 size)||0,05€|