The European projects (Horizon 2020) of which ISEG is a partner: RELOCAL and PLOTINA , are organising a workshop on the role of the woman as a local transformation agent on the 22nd of January, 2020, The event will take place on the Esplanade/Terrace (Quelhas) of ISEG, from 09.00 to 12.30.
The RELOCAL project (Resituating the local in cohesion and territorial development) focusses on spatial justice and territorial cohesion issues, with a particular focus on local and community-based development models..
The PLOTINA project (Promoting gender balance and inclusion in research, innovation and training) focusses on gender equality issues in science, especially at universities and research centres.
The workshop is organised into two panels: the first panel addresses the challenges and obstacles for women’s participation and representation in local governance; the second is designed to highlight some best practices, programmes, and initiatives that promote women’s participation and representation in leadership and local transformation.
Participation is free, although subject to enrolment on this link.
For further information about the workshop, please contact the co-organisers, Elsa Fontainha (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patrícia Melo (email@example.com).
PROGRAMME (download the programme here)
Opening session (09.00- 09.30)
– Clara Raposo, Dean of ISEG – Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Universidade de Lisboa (Ulisboa)
– Patrícia Melo, ISEG Coordinator of the RELOCAL 2020 project
– Elsa Fontainha, ISEG Coordinator of the PLOTINA 2020 project
Panel 1 – Challenges and obstacles for women’s participation and representation in local governance (09.30-10.45)
– Maria Teresa Almeida, Chair of the Lisbon and Tagus Valley Regional Coordination and Development Commission (CCDR-LVT)
– Representation of women in Portuguese municipalities: political practices and programmes, Maria Antónia Pires de Almeida, researcher at the Centre for Research and Studies in Sociology (CIES-IUL) and a professor at the Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (IUL)
– Review of the implementation of the Gender Equality Law at different levels of government, Ana Espírito-Santo, researcher at the Centre for Research and Studies in Sociology (CIES-IUL) and a professor at the Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (IUL)
Moderator: Maria Lucinda Fonseca, Coordinator of the GEARING ROLES 2020 project, researcher, professor, and Member of the Scientific Board of the Instituto de Geografia e Ordenamento do Território (IGOT) – ULisboa
Panel 2 – Best practices, programmes, and initiatives that promote women’s participation and representation in leadership and local transformation (11:00 – 12.30)
– Teresa Fragoso, Chair of the Commission for Citenzenship and Gender Equality (CIG)
– Alexandra Alves Luis, Associação Mulheres sem Fronteiras and CICS.Nova – Faces de Eva
– Paula Miranda/Ana Catarino, Cooperativa Trabalhar com os 99% and Ateliermob
– Catarina Sales Oliveira, Intermunicipal Equality Plan (municipalities of Belmonte, Covilhã, and Fundão), Municipal Gender Equality Plan (Covilhã), UBIgual: Plan for Gender Equality Plan of Universidade da Beira Interior (UBI)