In partnership with:
08:30 – 09:00 Registration
09:00 – 09:30 Welcome session
The Dean of ISEG and the Organizing Committee will open the conference
09:30 – 10:00
Invited Speaker – Miguel Seabra, Presidente da Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia – FCT, "The Importance of the Cientific Cooperation between Portugal and Brazil"
10:00 – 11:20 Plenary session
• António Mendonça, ISEG/UTL, "The European Crisis and Global Economy Dynamics: Continental Enlargement versus Atlantic Opening"
• Amitava Dutt, University of Notre Dame, USA, "North-South Uneven Development, Convergence and Power"
11:40 – 13:00 Plenary session
• Kosta Josifidis, Faculty of Economics, University of Novi Sad, Serbia and Alpar Losonc, Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Serbia, "Power Value in Economics: International Context"
• Neandro Saavedra-Rivano, University of Tsukuba, Japan, "African Power in the 21st Century and Beyond"
14:30 – 15:50 Plenary session
• Augusto Santos Silva, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade do Porto, "The Economics and Politics of Repositioning of the Euro Zone in the World"
• João Ferreira do Amaral, ISEG/UTL, "The Euro Zone" Universidade de Brasília
16:10 – 18:10 Plenary session
• Carlos Farinha, ISEG/UTL, "Redistribution Policy and Inequality Reduction in Portugal"
• Mauricio Bugarin, CIEF, University of Brasilia and Ricardo Ubrig, Whirlpool, "Partisan Voluntary Transfers in a Fiscal Federation: New Evidence from Brazil"
• Joaquim Ramos Silva, ISEG/UTL, "Changes in the Monetary Policy and the New Stage of Internationalization of Brazilian Economy"
09:00 – 10:20 Plenary session
• Dany Lang, University of Paris, Sorbonne, "The Effect of Increased Labor Market Flexibility on Growth: A Contribution in the Light of the Enriched Kaleckian Model"
• Leopoldo Costa Junior, Ministry of Planning, and Joanilio Teixeira, University of Brasília, "Structural Change with Different Consumption Profiles: Causes and Consequences of the Distribution of Power in a Pure Labour Economy"
10:40 – 12:00 Plenary session
• Vinícius Firme, Federal University of Juiz de Fora and Joanilio Teixeira, University of Brasilia, "Index of Macroeconomic Performance for a Subset of Countries: Kaldorian Analysis from the Magic Square Approach in the Period 1997-2012"
• René Medrano, Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais, and Joanilio Teixeira,
University of Brasília, "Macroeconomic Performance: Revisiting a Kaldorian
12:00 – 13:00 Closing session
Joanilio Teixeira and António Mendonça